What IF? A Portrait of Infertility from Keiko Zoll on Vimeo.
Until this video, I felt alone. Yes, I know there thousands of other woman who are undergoing infertility treatments, and I have an amazing support group via the www.babygaga.com Clomid Crew [PT-Only] Thread. That is where I met Anya, along with Sam, Ree, Rachel, Lisa, Nicole, Danielle, and Missy. These girls have helped me more than they will ever know. I am so grateful that I found the Clomid Crew and was able to become so informed about all of the treatments I will have to undergo so quickly.
I decided to start my own "What If" list.
WHAT IF..
- I finally get pregnant and miscarry later in the pregnancy
- I wasted HUNDREDS of dollars to never become pregnant
- My husband's insurance didn't cover as much as it does
- I didnt have insurance
- My husband leaves me for someone who can make him a father
- I leave my husband because I can't stand looking at his disappointed face each month
- I no longer enjoy sex because its always a let down at the end of the month
- I never get to make a baby registry
- I never get morning sickness
- My belly never grows
- The treatments never work
INFERTILITY HAS ROBBED ME OF MY..
- "Youth", after all, I am barely 21
- Sexiness
- Life
- Ability to enjoy life
- Excitement for friends and family who are expecting or just had a baby
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT?
- cry
- keep trying
- have faith
- never give up hope
- talk about it
- raise awareness [DID YOU KNOW 1 IN 8 WOMAN HAVE INFERTILITY ISSUES?]
YOU CAN HELP: STOP TELLING ME..
- "It's not your time." and "You're young, you have time."
- Your excitement in my face about your pregnancy
- "It will happen when its your turn" - my turn is when I am ready for it to be. I have infertility issues!
- How I will be sleep deprived, fat, ect. I understand that, and if it means a FAMILY instead of a COUPLE. I'm okay with that.
Spread Awareness, and understand that infertility effects 1 out of 8 woman. What IF you were that 1.
Love you! :o)
ReplyDelete