Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Support Group.

Tonight, Nate and I attended the Livermore Foster Care Parents Support Group (it was the first meeting for the Livermore group!) and I enjoyed it a lot. Even though we haven't had a placement, its great to see others who are local and know we can turn to them for support, encouragement, and venting. We asked each other questions as well as the staff who lead the group questions. I learned a lot and can't wait until next month when the next meeting takes place.

Also, theres an update to us..
We switched our placement calls to the "adoption only" list instead of the "concurrent planning" meaning we will ONLY get calls for children who are ready to be adopted and not for children who are looking for a possible adoption. I'm hoping that the calls will come again around December when we have had time to financially prepare better and I will get time off again (for a few weeks) during my boss' Winter break.

Until Next Time :]

No comments:

Post a Comment