Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Opportunity.

This week a young mother of two contacted me about possibly adopting her child. She wants the baby, but her husband doesn't think its affordable right now as they are both in school with young twins. After talking it over with my husband, we decided if we can get an adoption loan in time plus the home study and they still decide to bless us with this baby, we will gladly take them up on the offer.

Lately, my heart had been heavy on adoption. I've had several dreams lately, and expressed them to Nate about how I feel we should adopt first and the reason my body is rejecting all the pregnancies is because we were meant to adopt. Well this opportunity came knocking after I had 4 nights in a row a dream that we were adopting.

She is still 50/50 on her decision and I know if she keeps this baby that the baby will be raised in a loving home with two older brothers, but selfishly, I hope that we can adopt.

Please pray that she makes her final choice with peace of mind and no regrets. That no matter what they choose they think of the baby's well being over their own, and over mine. Please pray we are provided with the right resources and funds to adopt this child if that is their final decision and that I can continue to be supportive and strong for her no matter what she does.




On another note, I saw this poem and I felt the need to share..

Kisses in the Wind
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment